Monday, April 15, 2024

Ed Tech Field Experience: Ms. Sweat - Day 3 & 4

I have been observing in the Southside Middle School in Ms. Sweats's 4th Grade Math Class. On the first day of being a student intern in the Middle School, the first thing I noticed was a sense difference. The smell of the middle school is exactly what you would imagine. 

The bathrooms are tiny, the students are wilder, and the teachers have more patience. Ms. Sweat's classroom is very welcoming and homey. As you walk in the lights are dim and there is soft lights hung around the room. Attached to the ceiling is smiley faces and on the walls in there are so many great affirmations for the students to look at for beautiful reminders. One of the posters I like that she has hung up would be the, Undo, Copy, Redo, Paste posters. These posters show and tell the students how to copy and paste, ect. 

One thing I liked as a while I was observing in Ms. Sweat class was that she she uses posters like affirmations to keep her class in check. Her students know where to look when looking for a good affirmation. Another thing that I liked about the class was that when the observers came into the room all of the students stayed quiet and did work. 

One thing that I observed about Ms. Sweat as a teacher was that she was constantly walking around the classroom helping students. For example, after she was done reading bellwork she walked around assisting students with their hand raised. Another thing, I observed about Ms. Sweat and like was that she never sat down. Throughout the whole class time she was standing up walking around helping students. I did not see her sit down not one time throughout the whole one hour and thirty minutes. 

One thing I observed in Ms. Sweats class was that I would consider using would be the board with all the days of the week and written out beside it is the workbook lesson for each day and the page numbers. I would consider using this because it allows the students to know what to expect throughout the week. Another thing I would consider using would be the the whiteboard with the definition words written on it. I would consire using this becasuse it is a resource for the students to look back on. 

Overall, days three and four went well. I enjoyed observing Ms. Sweat and her classroom. I love how engaged her students are and how well they pay attention and recall things. The resources Ms. Sweat uses in her class seem to be helpful for all students. I see students looking back at the defintion board to recall meanings of words during bellwork. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to Ed: Make-Up Day 4 & 5

Day 1:  Day 2: