Monday, April 15, 2024

Ed Tech Field Experience: Ms. Sweat - Day 5 & 6

 I have been observing at Southside Middle School for the past few weeks. I have became part of Ms. Sweat amazing classroom. Ms. Sweat is a 4th Grade Math Teacher whom I have watched teach and make memories with two full classes. 

During my 5th day in Ms. Sweat class I enjoyed watching the students play their review game for their test. Their review game was on a LMS that Ms. Sweat uses. During this game I watched the students laugh and giggle with Ms. Sweat. I joined in on the fun once I got the hang of it. In just a few minutes the whole class was laughing and having fun playing the review game. This game was fun but also a perfect review for fourth graders, it kept them all engaged and excited. Once the game was over, their confidence for their quiz was boosted. 

Another thing I liked about Ms. Sweat class on day five was Ms. Sweat allowed her students to blurt out answers to problems during bellwork. Ms. Sweat would read the question and the students would blurt out each step to the problem and Ms. Sweat was write what they would say. If students was wrong she would stop explain that step and continue. I think this is a good stragety on making school fun. Sometime students get bores of letures and need to talk alittle bit. 

My day observing was day six. Day six was great in Ms. Sweats class. One thing I like about Ms. Sweat;s class on day was that Ms. Sweat had patience. It takes a lot to have 20 something fourth graders yelling things at you. But, Ms. Sweat wanted her students to have fun so she was patience with each and every one of them on this day. Another thing I liked about Ms. Sweat on this day was that she played music while the students was working on their bell work. Not every day does she do this so the kids enjoyed it. I like the way Ms. Sweat is able to change things up. 

These were the last days in Ms. Sweat's class and I enjoyed watching her teach. I can say I learned a lot about teaching just in six days. Patience is definitely key to any grade, and having fun is a big factor. Making students feel loved and welcome is something that Ms. Sweat strived for and she done that very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to Ed: Make-Up Day 4 & 5

Day 1:  Day 2: